1. Service Desk: "Do you see the button on the right side of your mouse?"|
Customer: "No. There's just a telephone and a printer".
2. A large service desk once received a fax with a pre-page asking for it to be faxed back when finished with, because they needed to keep a copy.
3. Customer: "Do I need a computer to run your software?"
4. A major ISP recently told us that their finance department occasionally receive cheques made payable to "The Internet"
5. Service Desk: "What appears to be the problem?"
Customer: "When I change the font sizes, the letters all change size."
6. The six phases of an ITIL implementation (adapted):
Search for the guilty
Punishment of the innocent
Praise for the non-participants
7. What did the small change say to the large change? “I don’t need a ticket - I'll will sneak in with you.”
8. Finally, a VERY old one: To complete 80% of a project takes 80% of the time. The other 20% takes the other 80% of the time.
ITSM.TV is the archive portal of the ITIL and other ITSM related newsletters.
These are information bulletins and are intended to provide an objective view of current events, in addition to adding a cocktail of humor and educational material.
We are always happy to consider articles and items from third parties for any of our newsletters. If, therefore, you have any suitable information, perhaps an interesting insight into an ITSM related issue, or any other material which may interest our subscribers, please feel free to submit it via our contact page.
ITIL is a registered trademark of the OGC. It is also registered with the US Patent & Trademark Office.